Appointments and Fees
- You require a referral to get an appointment.
- We will send your GP a written report after your consultation.
- You will receive a copy of the letter sent to your GP.
What to expect at your initial allergy consultation
- At an initial consultation, your referral will be reviewed and you will have a thorough allergy and personal medical history discussion. Based on this, Assoc. Prof. Ameratunga will determine if any testing is required. No testing is done at the initial consultation. Typically, the next step after an initial consult is to complete blood tests. You will then be required to have a follow up appointment to discuss these results and determine the next best course of action.
- If your appointment is allergy related, it is helpful if you bring a list of suspected causes for your allergy. Infants can be tested for food allergies from any age.
- It is a good idea to write down your questions and concerns prior to your appointment so that you remember to address these at the time of the consult.
- An initial consultation takes up to 20 minutes and is $540. The time spent in consultation is only part of the appointment. Assoc. Prof. Ameratunga also does the behind the scenes work to ensure he is up to date with the latest research, information and treatments. By staying current with all of the latest evidence, Assoc. Prof. Ameratunga is able to determine the next best course of action for your care. Sometimes, multiple appointments are required. There may be a process of ruling out conditions or trialling medications before a conclusive diagnosis is reached. Assoc. Prof. Ameratunga has more than three decades of clinical experience and he constantly publishes peer reviewed articles. You can have confidence knowing Assoc. Prof. Ameratunga strives to ensure you receive the best healthcare treatment.
Fees – From 1 January 2023
An initial consultation will take up to 20 minutes and is $540.
Follow Up Consultation
A follow up consultation will take up to 10 minutes and is $270.
Please note that patients who have not been seen for two years will be treated as a new patient.
Please call the clinic to make an appointment.
Confirmation/Cancellation of Appointments:
Please note: It is your responsibility to reply to texts or call our rooms to confirm all appointments – please assist our staff by confirming appointments.
There will be a cancellation fee if appointments are cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice or for non-attendance, as we are unable to use the appointment slot to help other patients.
When you come to your appointment, the specialist will ask questions about your health history and start investigation. This process may also require a number of tests (e.g. blood tests, skin prick tests). This may take several follow-up appointments.
Fees are due at the time of consultation. We accept cash, Eftpos, Visa & Mastercard. We accept over the phone card payments too.
If you have medical insurance with Specialist Cover, you may be able to claim all or part of your consultation fee. It is the patient’s responsibility to confirm this with their insurance provider.
We have been informed that patients who have Southern Cross UltraCare policy may be covered.
Please check with your provider.
Children with severe disabilities may be entitled to a child
disability allowance. Please contact WINZ for more information
or visit their website at:
Clinic Times for consultations
Tuesdays 8am to 4.30pm
Thursdays 8am to 4.30pm
Associate Professor Rohan Ameratunga
Grafton Specialists, Ground Floor, 97 Grafton Road, Grafton,
Ph. 09-919 2615